About Dr Ting Peter
Languages: English, Mandarin
Fellowship and accreditation
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (Singapore)
- Master of Public Health (Harvard University)
- Member Royal College of Physicians (United Kingdom)
- Fellow Academy of Medicine Singapore (Cardiology)
- Fellow American College of Cardiology
- Fellow Asean College of Cardiology
- Clinical exercise specialist (American College of Sports Medicine)
- Diplomate Certification Board Cardiovascular Computed Tomography (U.S.A)
- Dr Ting Peter is a cardiologist in Singapore, where he practices at Gleneagles Hospital and Mount Elizabeth Novena Hospital. He is particularly interested in the non-invasive imaging and treatment of heart valve and coronary artery disease.
Additionally, he develops standardized lifestyle therapy services for patients in order to reverse or delay the development of coronary artery disease, as well as to treat other lifestyle-related disorders such as hypertension, high cholesterol, diabetes, and obesity, thus decreasing dependence on prescription drugs.
Dr Ting Peter earned a bachelor’s degree in medicine from the National University of Singapore in 1999. He completed his training in internal medicine and became a member of the United Kingdom’s Royal College of Physicians in 2002. He then received subspecialty training in preventive cardiology, cardiac rehabilitation, and adult echocardiography at the Mazankowski Alberta Heart Institute, one of Canada’s leading heart institutes.
- Dr Ting Peter received advanced echocardiography training and gained experience using contrast echocardiography to improve the accuracy of measuring heart function and diagnosing coronary artery narrowing. Additionally, he gained experience diagnosing and evaluating valvular heart conditions using more advanced 3-D echocardiography methods to help in the preparation and guidance of surgical and minimally invasive procedures.
Dr Ting Peter also holds a certificate in sports medicine from the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) and is proficient in the use of cardiopulmonary exercise testing for the evaluation of cardiovascular disorders and athlete success. He serves on the board of directors of the ACSM’s global “Exercise is Medicine” initiative based in Singapore.
Dr. Ting has mentored and trained residents, students, nurses, and fellows in the medical field. His work has been published in peer-reviewed journals or discussed at national and international scientific meetings, where he is often invited to speak. He served as an Adjunct Assistant Professor at Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School, a senior clinical mentor at Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, and core faculty for the Singhealth cardiology residency program at Singapore General Hospital.
Dr Ting treats a variety of conditions, including coronary artery disease, valvular heart disease, heart infections, adult congenital heart disease, systolic and diastolic heart failure, heart muscle disorders (cardiomyopathies), disorders of the heart’s large blood vessels, and irregular heart rhythms, such as atrial fibrillation (external covering of the heart)
Dr Ting Peter Appointment Process
Appointment Number (For Serial): Appointment and medical enquiry: +65 6575 7575, Appointment Hospital mainline Tel: +65 6473 7222, Central Patient Assistance Centre 24-Hour Helpline: +65 6735 5000, WhatsApp us and get an appointment within 24 hours Tel: +65 8111 9777 (For specialist appointment booking only. WhatsApp messaging service is available in English and operates from Monday to Friday, 9am- 5pm.) For Online Appointment : Click here
Chamber Name & Address: Gleneagles Hospital Singapore, 6A Napier Road, Singapore 258500.