About Dr Toh Khai Lee
Specialty / Subspecialties: Urology
AFFILIATED HOSPITALS: Toh Khai Lee Urology Clinic
Languages: Cantonese, English, Hokkien, Mandarin, Teochew
Fellowship and accreditation
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery – MBBS – NUS-Singapore
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons – FRCS, UK
- Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Glasgow – FRCSG UK
- Fellow of the Academy of Medicine – FAMS Singapore
Education & Experience:
- Dr Toh Khai Lee received his medical degree at the National University of Singapore and post-graduate surgical diplomas at the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, UK as well as Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Glasgow, UK.
- Dr Toh Khai Lee received his specialist urological training in Singapore and underwent further subspecialty training in the United States where he completed 2 fellowships – one at Duke University, North Carolina under the tutelage of Dr George Webster and the other at William Beaumont Hospital, Michigan with Dr Ananias Diokno. He is a qualified specialist in Urology and is a Fellow of the Academy of Medicine, Singapore (Urology) (Urology).
- Dr Toh’s areas of interests in Urology include Reconstructive urology, Urodynamics and Voiding dysfunction / urinary leakage.
- He was the first in the country to use botulinum (BotoxÂ®, Irvine, California) to control urinary leakage in patients with spinal cord injuries. He also treats females with urinary leakage like stress incontinence and/or desire incontinence. In addition, he has guided courses and taught in Urodynamics, which deals with the functions of the bladder and urethra. He is regarded by his colleagues as a specialist in surgery involving the urethra as well as reconstructive surgery of the bladder and ureters affected by trauma or disease.
- Dr Toh Khai Lee also treats urinary stone disorders and urological cancers including kidney, bladder and prostate cancers using minimally invasive surgical procedures – Endourology, Laparoscopy & Robotic Surgery.
- In addition, Dr Toh is a gazetted Kidney Transplant surgeon in Singapore. On the academic front, besides writing scientific papers, Dr Toh was the institutional principal investigator in 3 multinational multi-centre clinical research trials. He is a reviewer for 5 urological journals and is a member of the Editorial Board of International Nephrology & Urology.
- Dr Toh has been invited to talk and demonstrate surgery in Beijing, Hong Kong, Taipei, Dhaka, Ho Chi Minh City, Yogjarkarta, Kuala Lumpur, Sibu and Johor. He won the Best Video Presentation at the 2002 National Healthcare Community Annual Scientific Meeting and the Best Paper Presentation at the 1998 Singapore Urological Association Annual Scientific Meeting.
- Dr Toh Khai Lee served as the Honorary Secretary of the Singapore Urological Association from 2004-2007. He was the Scientific Chairman of Urofair 2004 and Organising Chairman of Urofair 2010. He is also the Vice-President of the Association.
- Despite his busy schedule, Dr Toh found time to participate in humanitarian medical missions. He volunteered his services in Indonesia – both in Aceh after the tsunami and Yogyakarta after the earthquake – as well as in Pakistan. In appreciation of his efforts, he was given the â€˜Unsung Heros Prize’ by the Rotary Club. Prior to his current practice, he was the Senior Consultant and Head of the Department of Urology in Tan Tock Seng Hospital, Singapore.
Dr Toh Khai Lee Appointment Process
Appointment Number (For Serial): BOOK BY Tel 68364045, Fax 68364046, Orchard +65 6250 0000, Novena +65 6898 6898 & Online Appointment here.
Chamber Name & Address: Mount Elizabeth Hospital, Toh Khai Lee Urology Clinic, 3 Mount Elizabeth #05-05, Mount Elizabeth Medical Centre, Singapore 228510.
Read: Our Health Tips
Like: Our Facebook Page