About Dr Wong Kar Yong
Specialty: Colorectal Surgery
Designation: Head of Service (Colorectal Surgery), Senior Consultant
Qualification: MBChB, MRCS (Glasgow), MMed (Surgery), FRCS (Edinburgh)
Clinical Interests: Laparoscopic colorectal surgery, Robotic colorectal surgery, Colorectal Cancer Surgery, Benign Coloproctology Diseases, Diagnostic and Therapeutic Endoscopy
- Dr Wong Kar Yong is a General Surgeon with Tan Tock Seng Hospital. His area of expertise is colorectal cancer surgery, with a particular emphasis on minimally invasive and robotic surgery.
- Dr Wong Kar Yong earned his undergraduate degree from Glasgow University and completed his housemanship training in the United Kingdom. He is completely licensed with the United Kingdom’s General Medical Council. He then completed his basic surgical training in England and was admitted to the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow as a Member in 2006. After deciding to represent and care for his patients closer to home, he completed the remainder of his surgical training in Singapore. He received his Master of Medicine in Surgery (MMed) from National University Hospital in 2013 and became a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh the same year. He has since been accredited by the Singapore Specialist Accreditation Board as a specialist.
- Dr Wong Kar Yong was awarded the Health Manpower Development Plan Award by the Ministry of Health in 2015 to continue his training at Yonsei University Hospital, a world-renowned center for robotic colorectal surgery, in recognition of his interest and contribution in the field of minimally invasive colorectal surgery and the rising incidence of colorectal cancer in Singapore.
- Dr. Wong is a specialist in laparoscopic colorectal cancer surgery. He conducted the majority of his colorectal operations laparoscopically (key-hole) or robotically. He is skilled in specialized colorectal procedures such as prolonged lymph node dissection surgery, transanal endoscopic microsurgery, and colonic stenting. Dr. Wong also has experience managing benign coloproctology disorders and routinely conducts surgery for haemorrhoids, anal fistula, anal fissure, and perianal abscess. He is also an accomplished endoscopist, having performed several therapeutic gastroscopy and colonoscopy procedures on patients with favorable outcomes.
- Dr. Wong is currently employed at Tan Tock Seng Hospital as a Senior Consultant Surgeon. He is also a clinical senior lecturer at Yong Yoo Lin School of Medicine, National University Hospital Singapore, and a clinical lecturer at Nanyang Technological University’s Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine.
Dr Wong Kar Yong Appointment Process
Appointment Number (For Serial): Phone: +65 6256 6011, General Enquiries: 6256 6011, Centralised Appointment Lines: 6357 7000, 9635 1421 (for local SMS), Billing Enquiries: 6407 8128, Emergency Department: 6357 8754, TTSH Community Fund: 6357 2500. For Online Appointment : Click here
Chamber Name & Address: Tan Tock Seng Hospital (TTSH), 11 Jln Tan Tock Seng, Singapore 308433.