About Dr Woon Wei Liang Winston
Specialty: General Surgery
Languages: Cantonese, English, Hokkien, Mandarin
Fellowship and accreditation
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery
- Bachelor of Science (Medicine), New South Wales, Australia
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Dr Woon Wei Liang Winston is a general surgeon at Singapore’s Gleneagles Hospital.
He is skilled in general surgery as well as endoscopy (gastroscopy and colonoscopy). His primary area of focus is laparoscopic/robotic surgery, which includes hernia repair, gall bladder removal, liver, pancreas, and bile duct reconstruction.
Dr Woon Wei Liang Winston was previously a senior consultant surgeon at Tan Tock Seng Hospital (TTSH), where he founded the department of general surgery’s hepato-pancreato-biliary (HPB) surgical service and spearheaded the training and adoption of laparoscopic surgery.
- From 2010 to 2018, Dr Woon oversaw the HPB surgical service at TTSH. TTSH was certified as a teaching hospital for the Australian & New Zealand Hepatopancreatic & Biliary Association fellowship program during his tenure as president.
He graduated from medical school in 1998 and trained as a specialist in Australia. He completed two years of subspecialty training in laparoscopic upper gastrointestinal, liver, and pancreatic surgery, with an emphasis on benign and malignant conditions. When operating at Australia’s Prince of Wales Hospital and Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, he was interested in kidney and liver transplantation.
Dr Woon is currently serving as the president of the Hepato Pancreato Biliary Association (Singapore). He is a frequent speaker at international medical and surgical conferences and has appeared in a number of peer-reviewed journals.
Dr Woon Wei Liang Winston Appointment Process
Appointment Number (For Serial): Appointment and medical enquiry: +65 6575 7575, Appointment Hospital mainline Tel: +65 6473 7222, Central Patient Assistance Centre 24-Hour Helpline: +65 6735 5000, WhatsApp us and get an appointment within 24 hours Tel: +65 8111 9777 (For specialist appointment booking only. WhatsApp messaging service is available in English and operates from Monday to Friday, 9am- 5pm.) For Online Appointment : Click here
Chamber Name & Address: Gleneagles Hospital Singapore, 6A Napier Road, Singapore 258500.