About Dr Chris Abela
Specialty: Plastic and reconstructive surgery
Affiliated Hospital: Chelsea and Westminster Hospital
GMC number: 4673028
Dr Chris Abela has completed over 20 years of highly specialized training in London, Los Angeles, and Cape Town, and is a fully licensed consultant plastic, reconstructive, and cosmetic surgeon. Chris received his education at Trinity College (Cambridge University) and holds a Royal College of Surgeons fellowship in Plastic Surgery (FRCS) as well as a higher degree in cosmetic surgery.
He is a member of The British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons, the Royal Society of Medicine, The British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, and the Royal College of Surgeons of England, and his extensive training has earned him membership in The British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons, The Royal Society of Medicine, The British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, and The Royal College of Surgeons of England.
Chris completed two higher training fellowships, the first of which was at Great Ormond Street Hospital, where he specialized in craniofacial abnormalities in children, and which he completed prior to taking up his consultant position. Following that, Chris was awarded a cosmetic fellowship at the HCA Wellington hospital, which specializes in cosmetic surgery. In a hospital for craniofacial reconstructive surgery, aesthetics are just as important as functional factors.
Dr Chris Abela has been involved in the planning of ‘care packages’ for self-pay patients in all fields of plastic surgery, including aesthetic surgery. Paying for private services should become more clear and straightforward as a result of this. Chris currently runs his own private practice in Central, West, and South West London, dividing his time between his family, his own practice, and working for the NHS in the Craniofacial Unit of this hospital.
Through ‘facing the world,’ he has aided charity cases such as the multidisciplinary team that separated conjoined twins Rital and Ritag. Dr Chris Abela study focuses on assessing clinical outcomes in order to improve the surgical experience and outcomes for patients.
- MA MB BChir (Trinity College, Cambridge)
- Dip Aesth Surg (Queen Mary’s University of London)
- FRCS Plast (Royal College of Surgeons of England)
- Craniofacial reconstruction
- Facial plastic surgery
- Skin surgery for benign lesions and skin cancer
- Craniofacial trauma
- Facial palsy
- Paediatric plastic surgery
- Surgery for neurofibromatosis
- Cosmetic surgery and body contouring
- Post-bariatric plastic surgery
- Hand Surgery
- Medico-legal expert report writing
- Non-surgical interventions including BOTOX
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Royal Society of Medicine
- British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons
- British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
- British Burns Association
Dr Chris Abela Appointment Process
Telephone: 020 3651 2780 (C&W Adults) • 020 3315 5814 (C&W Paeds) • 020 8321 5473 (WMUH) • 020 3651 0547 (Private PA)—referrals can be made through www.chrisabela.co.uk/contact
For Online Appointment: Click Here