About Dr Lam Kai Yet
Paediatric Orthopaedics Surgery
MBBS (Singapore), FRCSEd (Tr & Ortho), MMed (Ortho)
(By Appointment Only)
Monday-Friday: 8.30am to 5pm
Saturday: 8.30am to 1pm
Closed on Sundays and Public Holidays.
Thomson Specialist Outpatient Clinic
Thomson Medical Centre
339 Thomson Road 04-06
Dr Lam Kai Yet Appointment Number (For Serial):6350 8817, +65 6250 2222.
Dr Lam Kai Yet Online Appointment : Click here
Chamber Name & Address: Thomson Specialist Outpatient Clinic, Thomson Medical Centre, 339 Thomson Road #04-06, Singapore 307677.
Dr Lam Kai Yet, a distinguished medical professional, acquired his medical and postgraduate credentials from the esteemed National University of Singapore and the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh in the United Kingdom.
His dedication to excellence led him to embark on further specialized training, including a Patellofemoral and Sports Surgery Fellowship at the Hopital de la Croix-Rousse in France and a Paediatric Orthopaedics Fellowship at the renowned Great Ormond Street Hospital in London.
Before founding Bone Island Children’s Clinic, Dr Lam Kai Yet served as the Deputy Head of the Department and Senior Consultant in the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at KK Women’s and Children’s Hospital (KKH).
During his tenure at KKH, he honed his expertise in pediatric orthopedics, obtaining the Diploma of Children’s Orthopaedics from the European Paediatric Orthopaedic Society. Dr. Lam played a pivotal role in establishing the Limb Lengthening and Deformity Clinic in 2018, pioneering the utilization of 3D printing in deformity correction in the region.
His exceptional contributions were recognized with the prestigious Asia Pacific Paediatric Orthopaedics Travelling Fellowship in 2019.
Dr Lam Kai Yet is equally passionate about education, organizing numerous regional educational events, including the inaugural ASEAN Deformity Workshop and KKH Paediatric Orthopaedic Trauma symposiums. His dedication to teaching earned him the Outstanding Faculty Award in 2018/2019 from SingHealth Residency.
Beyond his medical practice, Dr Lam Kai Yet is deeply committed to caring for the underprivileged in Singapore and neighboring countries. He serves as a committee member of the Singapore Orthopaedic Association Humanitarian and Outreach Subcommittee.
His expertise in the subspecialty field has led to frequent invitations to present at international and regional conferences.
Philosophy of Care:
Dr. Lam is devoted to elevating the standard of care in the emerging field of Paediatric Orthopaedics in Singapore. Drawing upon his extensive experience gained through his practice at KKH, overseas fellowships, specialized training, and conference participation, he firmly believes in tailoring care to meet each individual’s unique needs.
Professional Appointments & Memberships:
- Adjunct Assistant Professor, NUS Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
- Adjunct Assistant Professor, Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine, Nanyang Technological University – Imperial College
- Humanitarian and Outreach Subcommittee, Singapore Orthopaedic Association
- Reviewer, Singapore Medical Journal (since 2017)
- Reviewer, Proceedings of Singapore Healthcare (since 2016)
- Member, Singapore Medical Association
- Member, Asia Pacific Orthopaedic Association (since 2015)
- Member, Asia Pacific Paediatric Orthopaedic Society (since 2015)
- Member, Paediatric Research in Sports Medicine Society (since 2015)
- Member, European Paediatric Orthopaedic Society (since 2017)
- 2019 SingHealth Residency (RISE) Outstanding Faculty Award (awarded to the top 5% of teaching faculty in SingHealth residency)
- 2019 Asia Pacific Paediatric Orthopaedics Society (APPOS) Travelling Fellowship
- 2016 5-7 October EPOS EFORT BAT Instructional Course Trilogy Best Case Presentation Award (Upper Limb Trauma) organized by the European Paediatric Orthopaedic Society
- SingHealth 10 Years Long Service Award awarded on 29 Jan 2016
- Singapore Health Manpower Development Plan Fellowship 2015/16
- Hôpital de la Croix-Rousse, Centre of Albert Trillat, Lyon France, Sept 2015 to Nov 2015
- Great Ormond Street Hospital, London, UK, Jan to Oct 2016
- 2008 SingHealth Best Medical Officer Award
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is Dr. Lam Kai Yet?
Dr. Lam Kai Yet is a highly qualified and experienced Orthopaedic Surgeon specializing in Paediatric Orthopaedics. He obtained his medical and postgraduate qualifications from the National University of Singapore and the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh.
Where does Dr. Lam Kai Yet practice?
Dr. Lam Kai Yet practices at the Bone Island Children’s Clinic in Singapore. The clinic is located at Mount Alvernia Hospital, 820 Thomson Road Medical Centre A #02-02, Singapore 574623.
What are Dr. Lam Kai Yet’s areas of expertise?
Dr Lam Kai Yet specializes in Paediatric Orthopaedics and has a particular interest in Limb Malalignment Deformity and Children and Adolescent Sports-related orthopaedic conditions.
Is Dr. Lam Kai Yet affiliated with any hospitals in Singapore?
Yes, Dr Lam Kai Yet is affiliated with Mount Elizabeth Hospitals and Mount Alvernia Hospital in Singapore, where he sees patients and performs surgeries.
Has Dr. Lam Kai Yet received any awards or recognition in his field?
Yes, Dr. Lam Kai Yet has been recognized for his teaching excellence. He was awarded for being in the top 5% of teaching faculty in SingHealth residency, showcasing his commitment to medical education and patient care.